Sunday, September 14, 2008

10th of August

Oh, this probably wasn’t the most clever thing I’ve ever done. I know I’m a Piscean, and a proud one at that, but lately things have gone slightly out of hand..

Last weekend Anabelen convinced me it would be a good idea to go to a latin festival in a park close to Oval. There would be good looking Spanish guys there, she meant.

Yeah.

Well, to be fair, there might have been! I wouldn’t really know, cos all I was ever able to see were umbrellas. Me and Marta sat in the grass under two of them and although we did have a great time and quite a few good laughs, we did manage to get absolutely soaking wet! Wet in the sense that I could squeeze out enough water from my clothes to fill half a sink.

But Anabelen refused to feel sorry for me.

-“But you’re the one who’s been defending the rain all along! You even texted me saying it was our friend!”

Yeah.

Yeah, I admit. Admit and agree that I actually do enjoy rain. Occasionally. In reasonable doses. And even though I was so wet I was beginning to wonder whether they would let me in on the tube or not, I was in a sparkling good mood and was probably even dancing around a lamppost, clapping my hands. Or something.

So far life was good. I went home, made myself a hot drink and went to bed.

The next day I had a cold. Not a bad one, or even a particularly annoying one – it was just one of those when you’ll be fine as long as you’ve got a fair amount of napkins with you at all times. And a few paracetamols.

I was recovering relatively well…until today when it was time for the next festival. This time an Asian one.

Today my clothes contained enough water for half a tub! Even my underwear were wet. The inside of my handbag. Every single hair on my head. My mascara had in panic escaped my lashes and fled into my eyes, which not only hurt, but completely blinded me so that I didn’t even know where I was going. I had to put my phone in my pants to prevent it from getting water damage, and even then it didn’t help. I had rain in my eyes, I had rain far into my nose and I had swallowed about a pint’s worth!

But I mean, all that bollocks about staying at home when you’re ill, taking care of yourself, keeping warm…it’s for losers! Everybody knows that. Garlic and honey my ass. No, I firmly believe in chocking your body back into health. I WAS having a cold, yes, and now my body will have learnt that this is what happens when it’s trying to mess with me and now I probably won’t have another cold for years…
I’ve got a feeling I won’t be as cocky in the morning…

No comments: